Emergency Dentists with Same-Day Appointments
Dental emergencies around Calgary can happen to anyone, at anytime, and are usually very stressful. For all those reasons, District Family Dental offers same-day emergency care to patients of all ages. Our goal is, first and foremost, getting you out of pain and discomfort so you can move on with your busy day, stress-free.
Dental Emergencies That We See
Having a dental emergency? We can help! We can promptly and reliably treat these dental emergencies within the comfort of our Calgary, AB office:
- Toothache and/or infected tooth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Loose or knocked out teeth
- Cut or bitten tongue, lip or cheek
- Loose implants, bridges, crowns or fillings
- Bleeding or pain after a tooth extraction
Same-Day Emergency Appointments Available
District Family Dental recognizes the severity of these emergencies and our team is always prepared to accommodate you so we can see you on the same day. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, give us a call and we will be happy to assist you. We will take the time to answer any questions you may have and always strive to see you on the same-day if possible.
If you are experiencing an after-hours dental emergency and are an established patient with current dental records at our office, you can reach us through our private number so we can provide the right care for you even when our office is closed.
Please note that delaying dental emergency care could lead to worsening of symptoms and poorer treatment outcomes. If you have sustained a head injury, please seek immediate medical attention at your nearest hospital emergency department.
Dental Emergency Prevention Tips
Prevention is the best medicine. Here are some simple precautions you can take to avoid accidents and injury to your teeth:
- Avoid chewing hard objects such as ice, popcorn kernels or hard candy, as they can crack and chip your tooth.
- Never use your teeth to cut objects and tear open packages. That’s what scissors are for!
- When engaging in contact sports, always wear a custom-fitted protective mouthguard (and helmet when appropriate). A mouth guard can prevent dental injuries and act as a cushion to prevent broken jaws, neck injuries and concussions. District Family Dental offers custom-fitted mouthguards and sports guards in an array of colors.
- Routine dental checkups can help identify early signs of disease so that little problems don’t turn into big problems.
When you or a family member are experiencing a painful dental emergency, every passing minute could mean the difference between saving a tooth and losing a tooth. Visit District Family Dental and our team will make every effort to see you promptly and get you out of pain. If you have any questions about how to better prevent dental emergencies or require assistance in case you have one, please call District Family Dental today at (403) 407-0874.